- Job Title: Campaign Manager (Grassroots)
- Location: London
- Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
- Closing Date: 22 July 2016
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for lower taxes and less government waste, is seeking to recruit a Campaign Manager (Grassroots) to manage and grow its network of activists across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
This job will involve:
- Liaising with volunteer activists to help organise action days around the country, which involve raising public awareness of issues through - amongst other things - petitions, leafleting and creating photo opportunities for the media. The events either involve locally-based activists identifying an issue to pursue or taking national TPA campaigns to a grassroots audience
- Helping existing TPA activists to grow their branches and working with TPA supporters to help build new branches by identifying and recruiting new local activists
- Liaising with local and regional media to promote TPA campaigns
- Acting as a TPA spokesman in local media, as required
- Speaking to community, business and student groups about the TPA's work, as required, and promoting collaborative campaigns on issues where our interests coincide
- Maintaining and improving the TPA supporter database
- Responding to enquiries from supporters and members of the public
- Assisting with the promotion of the TPA’s campaigns through social media
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with volunteers, preferably in a campaigning capacity
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to coordinate events
- Excellent written English, for the writing/editing of press releases and blog posts etc
- Very good IT skills and experience using social media
- Experience using Nationbuilder or other web content management systems is preferable
- A willingness to travel to events around Britain (for which travel expenses will be covered)
- A full, clean UK driving licence is preferable
- A good grasp of British geography
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
Interviews will take place throughout July up until the closing date, with the intended start date being as soon as is practicable.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to John O'Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may not be able to reply to all applicants, and we may make a decision before the closing date.
1:58 PM 20, Nov 2017 Ben Ramanauskas
3:14 PM 14, Nov 2017 Ben Ramanauskas
1:44 PM 06, Nov 2017 Duncan Simpson
4:39 PM 02, Nov 2017 The TaxPayers...
5:06 PM 01, Nov 2017 Duncan Simpson
5:39 PM 30, Oct 2017 Ben Ramanauskas