Want to be our new Policy Analyst?
Our research team are recruiting.
Date Added: 3 January 2017
Closing Date: 27 January 2017
Job Title: Policy Analyst
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for lower taxes and less government waste, is seeking to recruit a Policy Analyst to produce hard-hitting research and react to fiscal events. Research will be released to the general public, the media, parliamentarians and policy makers, so candidates must have the confidence to communicate their findings to different audiences.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events
- Experience in, or knowledge of, using programmes like Microsoft Excel to manage and analyse large amounts of data
- This role will suit a recent graduate with a degree in economics, or related discipline such as economic history or finance
- Experience in, or the knowledge of, applying statistical and economic analysis to policy debates
- Experience in, or the knowledge of, using official statistics for research projects
- Confidence speaking in public
Interviews will take place throughout January and early February, with the intended start date being as soon as is practicable.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Alex Wild at email@example.com.
We may not be able to reply to all applicants, and we may make a decision before the closing date.
5:25 PM 25, Jan 2018 Chloe Westley
4:18 PM 17, Jan 2018 Jan Zeber
11:10 AM 14, Dec 2017 Jan Zeber
10:35 AM 13, Dec 2017 The TaxPayers' Alliance
1:58 PM 20, Nov 2017 Ben Ramanauskas
3:14 PM 14, Nov 2017 Ben Ramanauskas