The TPA is hiring!
We are seeking to recruit a National Grassroots Coordinator to oversee our growing network of activists across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
A full-time post based out of the TPA's Westminster office, the job will involve carrying out the following duties:
- Liaising with volunteer activists to help organise action days around the country, which involve raising public awareness of issues through - amongst other things - petitions, demonstrations, leafleting and photo opportunities for the media. The events either involve locally-based activists identifying an issue to pursue, eg opposing a council tax rise or a parking charge hike, or taking national TPA campaigns, eg Stamp Out Stamp Duty or Mash Beer Tax, to a grassroots audience.
- Helping existing TPA activists to grow their branches and working with TPA supporters to help build new branches by identifying and recruiting new local activists.
- Establishing and overseeing the TPA Action Team - a pool of younger activists with a limited amount of time to spare who want to get involved in TPA campaigns.
- Liaising with local and regional media to promote TPA campaigns.
- Acting as a TPA spokesman in the media, as required.
- Speaking to student, community and other groups about the TPA's work, as required, and promoting collaborative campaigns on issues where our interests coincide.
- Maintaining and improving the TPA supporter database.
- Responding to enquiries from supporters and members of the public.
- Maintaining the grassroots section of the TPA website and assisting with the promotion of the TPA’s campaigns through social media.
- Generally assisting in the promotion of the TPA's campaigns as required.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with volunteers, preferably in a campaigning capacity
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to coordinate events
- Excellent written English, for the writing/editing of press releases and blog posts etc
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with social media
- A willingness to travel to events around Britain (for which travel expenses will of course be covered)
- A good grasp of British geography
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
Salary negotiable, depending on experience.
Closing Date: Noon, Monday 17th February
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Emma Bennett via email@example.com
2:08 PM 22, Sep 2016 Sunny Chen
5:12 PM 15, Sep 2016 Dia Chakravarty
3:49 PM 15, Sep 2016 Sunny Chen
11:39 AM 15, Sep 2016 Tom Banks
10:53 AM 09, Sep 2016 The TaxPayers' Alliance
12:02 PM 08, Sep 2016 The TaxPayers' Alliance