As part of the Public Sector Rich List, the TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA) today publishes the most comprehensive report detailing Police Service employees whose annual remuneration exceeded £100,000.
A combination of Freedom of Information requests and analysis of Police Service annual statements of accounts has been used to produce this research. This report allows direct comparison of remuneration among senior Police employees across the country.
Taxpayers are grateful to the men and women who risk their lives to keep the public safe, and those who manage tough jobs well deserve good pay. However, there are too many examples of enormous payouts and a lack of accountability for those who fail to do their job. This research allows taxpayers to assess whether they get value for their money.
For the Police, the key findings of this research for 2013-14 are:
- There were at least 670 police employees who received total remuneration in excess of £100,000
- There were 99 police employees who received remuneration in excess of £150,000
- 20 received remuneration more than £200,000
- The police force with the most employees in receipt of remuneration over £100,000 was the Metropolitan Police with 201
- There were 12 police forces with at least 10 employees who received more than £100,000
- The police employee with the largest total remuneration package in the UK in 2013-14 was Craig Mackey, Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police - £298,948
Jonathan Isaby, Chief Executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said:
"The men and women working in these services do tough, dangerous jobs for which the public are grateful, but that only makes it even more infuriating when those at the top continue to get taxpayer-funded deals and pay-offs that are completely out of step with reality. Necessary savings are being made and this reality must be reflected in the pay packages for the top brass."
7:10 PM 16, Jun 2018 The TaxPayers...
4:04 PM 23, May 2018 Matt Gillow
4:20 PM 14, May 2018 James Price
3:34 PM 08, May 2018 Matt Gillow
8:44 AM 13, Apr 2018
2:44 PM 11, Apr 2018