Have your say on council allowances

EyeOur campaign director Mark Wallace noticed this from the BBC Website:


“A panel which reviews councillors' allowances in Lancashire is looking for two new people to sit on its board.


The independent remuneration panel monitors Lancaster City Council's members' allowance scheme and makes recommendations on potential changes.


Meetings take place on an average of two to three times a year at Lancaster Town Hall but are more frequent when a review of the scheme is to take place.


Anyone interested in applying should contact the council.


Reviews are undertaken every four years with the next review set to take place in 2011.”


You can find information of the role on the Lancaster City Council website.  If you would like to know more about the appointments, please telephone Lancaster City Council’s Corporate Director (Finance & Performance), Roger Muckle, on 01524 582022.


An application form, together with full details of the requirements of the appointment, the type of person we are seeking and additional background information, is available from: Democratic Services, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1PJ.  Telephone 01524 582096, email [email protected] or download a form from the Council’s website www.lancaster.gov.uk


If you don't live in Lancaster but want to hold your elected local representatives to account on their expenses, contact your council and enquire about its remuneration panel and see if you can get on it.  As always, if you break through, do contact me so we can be kept up to date with the campaign on the ground.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.  More info. Okay