Media campaign manager
Negotiable, depending on experience
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for reforming taxes and public services, cutting waste and speaking up for British taxpayers, is seeking a talented and motivated campaign manager to communicate the organisation’s messages to the public through the print and broadcast media and online.
In the role, the successful candidate will:
- Work under the political director to successfully promote and represent the TPA’s mission and research
- Publicise the results of the campaign’s research programme to all media outlets, including a willingness to appear on radio and TV
- Identify and pursue news stories - for instance, through Freedom of Information requests
- Build relationships with the media and other opinion formers
- Work with the digital campaign manager to help with the TPA’s digital campaign and ensure that our website, Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels are updated regularly
- Oversee the campaign team’s media record keeping and reporting
- Draft op-eds and write proactive and reactive press releases
- Cover the media hotline on a rota basis, including some evenings and weekends
- Represent the TPA at events and speaking engagements
- Work with the grassroots campaign manager to publicise our stunts and action days, including attending them regularly
- Occasionally travel nationally and/or internationally, if required
- Fulfil other duties as reasonably requested
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning for the TPA's aims and values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events
- Established relationships with the media and in parliament
- Experience with a campaigning group or organisation
The role will be based full-time in the TPA’s Westminster office.
Tuesday 27th August 2019
Interviews will be conducted throughout this period and the position may be filled before the deadline
The start date for this role will be as soon as possible.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
We may not be able to reply to all applicants.