Negotiable, depending on experience
The TaxPayers' Alliance is the UK’s independent grassroots campaign for reforming taxes and public services, cutting waste and speaking up for British taxpayers. We are seeking to recruit a researcher to produce hard-hitting research by uncovering new primary data; write longer-form papers; and react swiftly to current events by preparing briefings and short notes.
Research will be released to the general public, the media, parliamentarians and policy makers, so candidates must have the confidence to communicate their findings to different audiences.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events
- Experience in, or knowledge of, using programmes like Microsoft Excel to manage and analyse large amounts of data
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act
- Experience in, or knowledge of, applying statistical and economic analysis to policy debates
- Experience in, or knowledge of, using official statistics for research projects
- Confidence speaking in public and willingness to undertake media appearances
The role will be based full-time in the TPA’s Westminster office.
Friday 19th February 2021
Interviews will be conducted throughout this period and the position may be filled before the deadline. Due to the current social distancing measures in place, all interviews will be by telephone or video conferencing.
The start date for this role will be as soon as possible.
To apply, please email [email protected] with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Due to the high number of applications, we may not be able to reply to all applicants.