For immediate release
Responding to reports of a tax and regulation stimulus package, John O'Connell, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said:
"Taxpayers and businesses experiencing severe economic uncertainty will be heartened to hear that a recovery plan looks set to focus on tax cuts and deregulation.
It's vital that the government allows the economy to restart, and trying to tax our way out of trouble would be a form of madness.
Hard-pressed families need to see light at the end of the tunnel, and a proper plan for jobs and growth will provide hope."
TPA spokesmen are available for live and pre-recorded broadcast interviews via 07795 084 113 (no texts)
Media Campaign Manager, TaxPayers' Alliance
24-hour media hotline: 07795 084 113 (no texts)
- Founded in 2004 by Matthew Elliott and Andrew Allum, the TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA) fights to reform taxes, reduce spending and protect taxpayers. Find out more about the TaxPayers' Alliance at www.taxpayersalliance.com.
- TaxPayers' Alliance's advisory council.
- In December 2019, the TaxPayers' Alliance released the tax burden rankings of post-war prime ministers.
- This week, the TaxPayers' Alliance released a series of tax proposals to help the economy emerge from the coronavirus crisis.
- On 25 March, the TaxPayers' Alliance published a statement on the coronavirus emergency.